Friday, July 19, 2013

choosing your best option for a fitness program

There are so many options when it comes to fitness and no right or wrong option to choose.  When you want to slim down, do you join a gym, sign up for exercise classes, go to an "extreme class" like boot camp, invest in some dvd's and work out at home, or just head outdoors for a walk, run, or bike ride? 
The answer is there is no right answer...lol, I  know I suck for that right? Everything works differently for different people.  And I have tried every single option up there.
Ok...gonna brag a little here...I feel like I have a combo of all the fitness methods down...I'm a well rounded athlete.  I run, I can lift weights at the gym and hit the elliptical like the best of them....I can do a no equipment , body weight only, kick ass workout. I've been to every class under the sun (zumba, step, kickboxing, yoga, pilates, pilates reformer, piloxing, boxing, tabata, you name it, I tried it), done the extreme boot camp workout, and I have some home dvd's .
To me, being a well rounded athlete is the best option if you have the money and resources to do it.  Your body will never adjust to doing the same exercises.
If you don't have the money or resources for that....I'm going to pitch a case for investing in some good DVD's.  Here's some reasons why below:
-Dollars and sense: Once you buy a DVD you own it. I paid a lot for an expensive boot camp to lose 5 lbs (200.00 to be exact) and it was only a month....12 classes.  I lost 11 lbs in a month with a combo of body combat and Insanity the Asylum for about 180.00.  And I still have both tapes.  I also have hip hop abs , which is only 20.00, so for the price of one month of boot camp I have 3 DVd's that I will have forever and have given me great results.
-Done on your time. at your pace, in your setting- I hate when it's crowded at the gym  or classes...just a personal preference.  I hate when you don't get something right away in a class and the instructor or other people glare at you if you don't get a move right away.  LOL AND I HATE THE HEAT.  Doing a DVd...its your setting, done at the time you want, under your conditions...and if you need a workout buddy, invite someone over.
**Special thanks to Shaun T for never laughing when I butcher his choreography in hip hop abs....lol he knows I rock with him because of my Insanity performance:)
-You can wear just a sports bra and shorts or pants in your home with no fear of judgment...no explanation needed there:)

Ok...so whatever you choose...get out there and bust a sweat
Need a DVD? Email april6678@sbcglobal.net or check out my site http://beachbodycoach.com/april6678

Today's workout: Combat ultimate warrior dvd, hip hop abs total body sculpt
today's diet:
breakfast: egg whites with multigrain English muffin and natural peanut butter
snack: banana
lunch: salad with balsamic vinegar, hard boiled eggs
snack: plum, 10 raw almonds
dinner: strawberry shakeology with blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment