Monday, July 1, 2013

why it's bad to take a "cheat day"

So I have to admit...sometimes I'm tempted.  The last challenge is over....the new challenge begins on July 7th.  Do I get a cheat day?  People ask ...don't you deserve a cheat?
Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 LOl, everyone got that?  I never refer to a day as a cheat day.  The term cheat day implies an all out, eating fest that will put you in a food coma.  Not a good idea. 
Should you have a treat once in a while?  Absolutely.  Let's first define "once in a while".  This is not once a week.  I consider this to be about once every three weeks.  So after the challenge ended, I had a treat....one donut.  After the donut was gone, the treat was gone.  NO more bad eating....back to my usual plan for the rest of the day.
So here's a synopsis : occasional treat=OK
Cheat day= No Way
p.s. I am now down 135 lbs!


today's workout: 60 min elliptical, 30 min body combat, weights (biceps, triceps, abs, shoulders)
Today's diet:
egg whites, multigrain English muffin with natural pb
snack: peach
lunch: salad with tuna
snack: 10 raw almonds
dinner: chocolate shakeology with natural peanut butter
snack: celery with hummus

No comments:

Post a Comment