Wednesday, May 22, 2013

looking at yourself in a different light while losing weight or after a weight loss

One of the hardest things for me today is seeing myself as the person I am now rather than the person I used to be.  I've lost 125 lbs, and there are still days I look in the mirror and say....do I still look the same?  Everyone can tell you that you look better, but it's so hard to see it yourself.  Sometimes I feel like I can ignore all the compliments I hear, but the negative comments stay in my mind forever.  Here are just a few popping into my head this very second.....I didn't have the nerve to tell the person that the comments were hurtful, and I'm sure they didn't mean them to be, but I just had to include what I was thinking after the comment in parenthesis (virtual venting)
-Is it uncomfortable for you to run....you know, you're like a bigger runner. (I didn't know there was a distinction btw. bigger and smaller runners)
-I really wish you would be skinny. (Why would you like me better if I was ?)
-When are you going to get to your goal weight? (Forgot my crystal ball today, but you'll be the first to know when I figure that question out.)
-How can you be a Beachbody coach when you don't have a Beachbody yet? (They don't have weight requirements for jobs FYI)
-Are you sure you ran a marathon? (No, I've actually run two marathons)

There are more...but these are the ones I remember stinging the most.  But , just in the last few months actually, I realized no one's opinion of me matters more than my own.  I need to be more confident to avoid comments like these.  Just recently, I started making changes to the way I feel about myself  and I've noticed that I care less about what others think and more about how I feel about myself.  Here's some actions I've taken (and you can to) to improve your self-image.

-Think of all the things your body has done for you....because you need to love and be grateful for it.  My body leads me through over an hour of exercise daily.  It dropped weight although I abused it and put weight on.  My body is a machine, and I'm grateful for its power.

-Do something to raise your body confidence.  I took boudoir photos for my birthday.  No my body isn't perfect, but guess what , seeing it that way...it's pretty damn good.

-Stop talking about your flaws.  What's good about you inside and out? Focus on that.
I have pretty blue eyes and nice legs.  I'm smart and talented.  I'm a beautiful person because I help people daily and I've raised lots of money for charity.

-See the beauty in others. If you're negative about other people, how do you think they look at you?


Change your perception of yourself to change others' perception about you.




Today's workout: weights -chest, lats, back, abs
Today's diet:
egg whites with spinach
fruit salad
Snack: greek yogurt
Lunch: black bean burrito on wheat tortilla
Snack: apple
Dinner: vegan chocolate shakeology with a banana and a teaspoon of natural peanut butter
Snack: sugar snap peas




My blog always talks about shakeology.  It is an awesome meal replacement shake that has tons of vitamins.  Every client I have loves it.  WAnt to learn more?  Email april6678@sbcglobal.net or my site http://beachbodycoach.com/april6678
click shop
click shakeology

No comments:

Post a Comment