Thursday, May 30, 2013

rest day

Wow, first rest day in about 40 days (I lost count).  I realize that my body did need it (although I'm dreading trying to sleep on no exercise).  I am going to swim tomorrow (the doctor said that's okay), so I got a 7 day pass for a gym with a pool, and I'm hoping my foot will be fine by then.  I haven't swam for exercise in a while , but I'm a strong swimmer because I used to be a lifeguard, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm trying to make the best of an injury.
Lost of people say they've gained weight due to an injury....don't even let an injury sideline your goals....find an exercise you can do (something low impact) and watch that diet carefully!
Take your rest days as you need to.  People should exercise 4-5 days per week , definitely 5 if you need to lose weight.  The duration and intensity varies based upon your fitness level and goals.  Sometimes your body needs a mandatory rest day...meaning that you are so tired , burnt out or sore, that you might be using bad form on exercises.  If you are in this boat....rest.  You will be more productive the next day for it, and possibly avoid injury.


Today's exercise: none, rest day
Today's diet:
egg whites with spinach, wheat toast with natural peanut butter
snack: plain greek yogurt with blueberries
lunch: black bean burritos
snack: orange
dinner : strawberry shakeology with fresh strawberries and a banan
snack: 10 raw almonds


need help with your weight loss or fitness goals? email april6678@sbcglobal.net to join my free online challenge group on facebook or http://beachbodycoach.com/april6678 to check out great beachbody products and join my team

No comments:

Post a Comment