Wednesday, May 29, 2013

sidelined:(

So today , one of my worst fears happened...sidelined with injury for a few days ( yes, I know , there are worse things that can happen, but April without exercise is a mean April....stay away).  Exercise is such a stress reliever for me and I hate taking days off.  I hurt my foot running and thought it was fine until zumba this am.....it started to hurt worse and worse.  Turns out I find out from the doctor that I have strained some tendons in my foot and torn a ligament.  It's wrapped in an ace bandage, have to ice it when I'm sitting....and stay off it.  oh boy!
My first reaction....to panic....I might gain weight...nope. No panicking.  I can handle this.  Here's how I'm going to get through the injury without gaining and what you can do if you are ever sidelined (and I hope you never are).
-Journal what you eat.  This is always a good strategy, but even more so if you aren't exercising.  I'm writing down everything that goes in my mouth...can't take in any extra calories.
-DRink more water or green tea (unsweetened).  This will help you feel less hungry.
-If you can do an alternate exercise, do one.  I 'm taking a total rest day tomorrow, but Friday I will lift weights, and I'm hoping to swim at a friends (my dr. okayed this...don't just do it without asking).
- Consider a meal replacement shake like Shakeology.  It will keep you full without adding calories to your diet.

I can get through being sidelined...and so can you if you have to (again, hopefully you won't have to:)


Today's workout (before hurting myself): weight (back, chest, lats, abs) , 1 hour of zumba
Today's diet:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with a half cup of oats
Snack: greek yogurt
Lunch: skipped, only had green tea (not a good choice but I was waiting at DR. for x-ray )
Snack: grapes
Dinner: chocolate shakeology with natural peanut butter (1 tbsp.)

http://beachbodycoach.com/april6678

No comments:

Post a Comment