Saturday, June 22, 2013

personal development to aid weight loss (or any goal you have)

So I always try to reflect on the things that have made me successful in weight loss, and I think personal development is def. one of them. One thing I threw away with my extra weight was excuses.  Not just in terms of weight loss , but in terms of all my bad habits in my life.  Owning up to the fact that bad things that happen are mostly bad choices you've made isn't easy, but it's true.  I've done some personal development to help me reach this realization, and I wanted to share two great resources I've found.
-This is purely for weight loss...Weight loss For People Who Feel Too Much by Colette Baron-Reid.  I totally admit I saw this book on the shelf and was like really? LOL.  After going through the store and thinking about it more though, I picked it up. Prior to reading it, I always knew the real reason I started to gain weight was for emotional reasons.  I never faced them, and so I was never reaching my goal.  This book is not a manuel on how to lose weight...it does reveal how to deal with emotions in ways other than eating.  One very painful (but necessary) thing you have to do is identify the time or times you've gained weight...I was in tears.  But once I really thought about it, I realized if I continued bad habits and feeling sorry for myself about those things , I was a victim.  If I faced them head on, that made me a survivor. And at the end of the day, I'm no one's or no circumstance's victim.  There's a lot of journaling and homework in the book, but it's worth the time.  If you are an emotional eater, I recommend it....thank you Colette Baron-Reid.
-This one is for all bad habits or just wanting to change your life.  I am currently reading The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy.  It focuses on how to change your life through changing habits and choices.  It also requires journaling, and I'm still working through it.  One thing that helped me was looking at the main "barrier" in my life and writing the things I have done to make it worse....there were a lot.  Seeing that bad choices lead up to a problem really made me see I'm in control of my own destiny.....and I need to work harder to make things better.  Great book for people seeking to make big (or small) changes to change their life.

I'll be sharing some mistakes and change I've made in my life....they may seem hard to connect to weight loss, but they do.....being healthy is something that weaves into every area of life...and I'm hoping to help someone (many someones , scratch that) improve their life.


Today's workout: zumba, 1 hour of body combat
today's diet:
egg white omelette with spinach and tomato, Ezekiel bread toast with natutal p.b.
lunch: salad with hard boiled eggs, balsamic vinegar in lieu of dressing
dinner: strawberry shakeology with fresh blueberries
(yes I did plan this ahead today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment