Tuesday, June 4, 2013

small changes to aid weight loss....part 4

I'm surprised I'm even typing this change...if you told me a year ago I was going to write this, I would have said you were nuts.  I see it works though, so I want to share.
-Switch to vegetarian eating twice a week.
As I said before...I might have said I was a meatatarian before.  The thought of going without meat was awful.  I started eating vegetarian two days a week, and I did notice I lost weight and also had more energy.  Bottom line...if you choose plant based meals that are healthy (lol no brownies because they don't have meat) they will be lower calorie than meat.  I actually find that I am usually eating vegetarian five days a week...but start small.
Here are some suggestions for vegetarian main dishes:
black bean burritos (cant load with sour cream...use whole wheat tortilla)
tofu with veggies ( I was so opposed to trying this....now I eat it 2-3 times a week)
salad with hard boiled egg for protein (since this is vegetarian , but vegan)
navy beans sautéed with spinach and zucchini (or try veggies you like)
homemade vegetable soup (tomato sauce base with water, zucchini, corn, potato, green beans) I guess you could also use veggies you like....sky is the limit
Dried beans really fill you up, are super low fat, and have lots of protein.....try some recipes with beans for a winning combination!
So go for it....meatless for two days a week.
Bonus:  It's cheaper to buy tofu or dried beans as a protein source than meat.

Today's workout: insanity the asylum back to core DVD, 4 mile jog, 15 min quick weight workout
Today's diet:
egg whites with spinach, fruit salad
snack: greek yogurt
lunch: tofu with veggies
snack: carrots with hummus
Dinner: chocolate shakeology with natural peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment