Monday, June 3, 2013

small changes to aid weight loss part III

First off all, before I post this......foot xray....good! Yippee! I am so excited.  I do have a few restrictions ( no distance running for a few weeks), but I am glad to be healed.
Talking about exercise....that's what the small change is about.  Changing your exercise up can help you lose weight. 
I remember when I started exercising I was walking on the treadmill...I lost a little weight, then my body adapted.  This happens.  Your body adapts to exercise...you have to change up what you do to keep losing weight.
The same thing happened when I did the marathon....I was running 40-45 miles per week and not losing weight...my body had adapted to running.
So you need to switch up exercising to drop those pounds.  If you are a walker, throw in running intervals.  Runner? Try a class like zumba, pilates, etc.  Always on the elliptical?  Try the rowing machine or pick up weights.
For me, I try to keep my workouts mixed up to avoid boredom and plateaus.  I run, lift weights, use the elliptical, alternate btw. my beachbody videos (Combat and Insanity the Asylum), do zumba, and more.  Try something new...you never know what you'll love and your body and the scale will love you for it.

Today's workout: weights (biceps, triceps, shoulders, abs, lats), 45 min of swimming, 30 min Body Combat DVD (Combat Kick Start)
Today's diet: breakfast -2 eggs, half cup oats
Snack: greek yogurt
Lunch: black bean burritos
Snack: celery with hummus
Snack: rice cake with natural peanut butter
Dinner: strawberry shakeology with a banana


***June 17th begins the warrior challenge...are you ready to change your shape and body?  Post to the blog or email april6678@sbcglobal.net
*** My secret weapon the Combat challenge pack (Body Combat plus Shakeology) is on sale this month....contact me to find out more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment