Wednesday, June 5, 2013

small changes to aid weight loss part 5

This may sound like an odd tip...but it's always worked for me so I'm going to share it.  Most of weight loss is mind over mattter , so this is one to help you with motivation.
-Develop a mantra for working out and eating well.
When I was training for the marathon for the first time, the distance runs were so hard for me.  I hadn't trained before , and I didn't know it would be as hard as it was to do the 20-22 mile run.  When I was tired I'd say "I'm a marathoner, I'm a marathoner" to get through the rough patches.  I still use this mantra today (figuring if I did the marathon I could do any workout). But here's some mantras you might try.....comment on the blog if you have your own ...you  might help inspire someone else.
-Go hard or go home.
-Nothing to do but do it.
-I'm a beast, warrior, fighter , goddess, god (whatever motivates you) and I can do this.

When I want to eat something bad, I think of my body idol (Rach from Body Combat) and say....My abs won't look like hers if I eat this.  That's my healthy eating mantra...here's a few to try.
-This isn't worth it (whatever the bad food is).
-Nothing feels better than being in control feels.
-I don't need to eat this.
-I will wait ten minutes and in ten minutes I won't want this anymore.

See if you can psyche yourself up to exercise and psyche yourself out of eating bad foods by using your mantras:)

Today's workout: weights (lats, chest, back, abs), 1 hour of zumba
Today's diet:
Breakfast : 2 eggs, half cup oats
Snack: greek yogurt with blueberries
Lunch: black bean burrrito
Snack: orange
Dinner: strawberry shakeology with fresh strawberries

***it's almost time for the warrior's challenge....who's with me?  Email for details april6678@sbcglobal.net.  It's never too late to start (and if you ask me now, you can get your shakeology sample before you start).
ALSO THE WORLD'S MOST AWESOME CHALLENGE PACK IS ON SALE THIS MONTH...BODY COMBAT DVD'S PLUS SHAKEOLOGY.  EMAIL OR ASK ON MY BLOG COMMENTS FOR MORE INFORMATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment